Recently Updated on
CC creams are used for concealing skin color imperfections like blemishes and hyperpigmentation. They also contain sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage.
Finding the best CC cream for oily skin product can sometimes be demanding and often confusing. This is a very important step, especially for people with sensitive skin because the wrong option will only cause you more troubles than solve them.
You don’t want to have breakouts or irritations because you used the wrong product. We have put together a good collection of some of the best CC cream for oily skin below. See some of the best CC creams for oily skin products below. They all have minimum review ratings of 3.9 stars out of 5 stars
Selected Best CC Creams for Oily Skin
- Selected Best CC Creams for Oily Skin
- Super Goop Daily Correct Cream
- It Cosmetics CC Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40
- Clinique Moisture Surge All Skin Types CC Cream
- CC Cream by Olay
- Physicians Formula Super CC Cream
- Lumen Color Correcting Cream
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream
- Mary Kay CC Cream
- Smashbox SPF 30 Camera Ready CC Cream
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream
- How to Choose the Right CC Cream
- Video: How to Apply CC Cream for Oily Skin
- How to Apply CC Cream
- How to Remove CC Cream
- CC Cream Vs Foundation
- FAQs About Best CC Cream for Oily Skin
- Can I Use CC Cream as Foundation?
- Can CC Cream be Used Alone?
- Do You Need a Primer before Applying CC Cream?
- Is CC Cream Good for Oily Skin?
- Can CC Cream be Used Daily?
- What is the Difference Between CC Cream and BB cream?
- How Does CC Cream Work?
- Does CC Cream have Side Effects?
- Is CC Cream Good for Older Skin?
This CC cream is a foundation, concealer and sunscreen agent all combined in one cream. It is lightweight and formulated to soften and often conceal the lines, pores and wrinkles to create a flawless beautiful looking face. You only need to apply a small size to get the desired looks and follow the application instructions for best results.
- 100 percent mineral UV protection is ideal for sensitive skin types
- Infused with essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 to neutralize discolorations and blotchiness, and minimize inflammation
- Brightening apple extract and light-reflecting mica minerals deliver instant luminosity and skin clarity
It Cosmetics CC plus cream is a full-coverage CC cream that provides a poreless finish and it also contains anti-ageing hydrating serum with SPF 40 sunscreen protection for your skin.
- It Cosmetics CC Plus Poreless Finish Full Coverage Cream and Anti Aging Hydrating Serum (light)
- SPF 40 UVA/UVB
- New Matte Formula
- Full Coverage Foundation
This is one of the best cc creams for oily skin available especially for people with sensitive oily skin. Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream provides oil-free hydration that moisturizes the skin and it also contains SPF 30 sunscreen that is important in providing protection from harsh sun rays and preventing sun damage to your skin. This light formula provides a smooth and radiant skin complexion without any comedogenic effects.
- So it is a healthy-looking glow
- With oil-free hydration and sunscreen mean a more flawless look tomorrow, too
- This must-have color-correcting formula smooths the complexion and creates an ultranatural radiance
This is an all in one moisturizing CC cream with tone correction. It is formulated to correct or cover most signs of ageing like wrinkles, uneven skin tone, age spots, fine lines, discoloration etc. It provides sheer coverage that results in a beautiful natural-looking complexion. It also contains broad-spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen that shields your skin from harmful sun rays that cause skin damage.
- CC CREAM WITH SPF: This CC cream gives you light foundation coverage while it nourishes, hydrates, and protects you from sun damage
- LIGHT FEEL: This formula absorbs fast and won't leave you feeling greasy
- NOURISHMENT: We've packed this formula with 7 vitamins and antioxidants including VitaNiacin Complex II, Vitamin B3, and many more for nourished, healthy-looking skin
- MOISTURIZE WITH FOUNDATION: After cleansing and treatments, use this cream as both your moisturizer and foundation
Physician Formula Super CC cream contains micro-correcting pigments and anti-ageing ingredients that counteract the effects of ageing on the skin. The cream contains other ingredients that moisturize and protect the skin from sun damage and it can also serve as a lightweight foundation too.
- MULTI-TASKING MAKEUP: With micro color-correcting pigments & high-tech anti-aging ingredients, this CC Cream has the benefits of an anti-aging treatment, moisturizer, foundation & SPF in one product.
- HYDRATE & CORRECT: Our gentle formula helps minimize redness & other imperfections while providing SPF protection & hydration. Apply with fingers, brush, or blender for flawless, cruelty-free beauty.
- BEST FACE FORWARD: With primers, highlighters, bronzers, & mineral powders, we have a full line of makeup to help you build a foundation for any look, all made without irritants or harsh additives.
- SENSITIVE SKIN CARE: Physician's Formula offers a full line of skin care & makeup for sensitive skin, including mascaras, lipsticks, concealers, eyeshadow palettes, bb creams, bronzers & primers.
Lumen CC cream contains a light formula that evens out skin tones and covers imperfections to produce a semi-matte flawless and beautiful looking skin. It also contains a broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen that protects the skin from skin damage and pure arctic spring water that hydrates the skin. It can be used alone or used together with a foundation, it is effective for long hours and you can wear it all day long.
- Broad spectrum SPF 20 protects from UV rays which helps to prevent premature signs of aging; Long-wear, air light formula perfectly evens out the skin tone and covers imperfections
- The end result is a semi matte flawless and even looking skin your skin will feel fresh and light and you can trust that your makeup will stay on all day
- Foundation a fine but well covering formula the shades are designed to neutralize the color of red areas concealer primer illuminator long lasting SPF 20
- Use as day cream under foundation or alone
This is an organic multi-tasking CC cream that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens out skin tone and smoothes uneven texture, and moisturizes the skin among other things. It contains antioxidants that prevent skin ageing process and a non-chemical broad-spectrum sunscreen that shields the skin from sun damage. It is available in different shades and it is easy to apply.
Mary Kay CC Cream formula provides lots of skin benefits besides just color correction and evening out skin tones. It is a lightweight cream that produces flawless looking skin complexion without the unnatural makeup looks. It has few shades that cover several skin tones reducing the confusion about which shade to use on your skin. This makes it easy to apply and it is suitable for all skin types.
- Delivers 8 benefits in 1 step.
- Lightweight coverage for a natural-, flawless-looking complexion.
- Easy out-the-door option without that “made-up” look.
- Minimal shades cover a wide range of skin tones.
Smashbox CC cream is formulated to fade skin imperfections, even complexions, and prevent future discoloration. It is an advanced lightweight formula that works excellently to lessen the appearance of dark spots, acne marks, discoloration etc., and it can be used as a primer. It contains sunscreen for protection from sun damage and it moisturizes the skin as well.
- A color-correcting cream that fades imperfections, evens complexion, and prevents future discoloration.
- With an advanced, lightweight formula
- It neutralizes and brightens skin
This CC cream works excellently in reducing the appearance of redness and other skin imperfections while moisturizing the skin at the same time. It contains natural plant extracts that work to reduce redness and also contains broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen agents. It is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and paraben-free. It is very good for sensitive skin and it is considered one of the best CC creams for oily skin.
- Instant coverage and reduction in the appearance of redness
- Daily hydration
- Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Developed specifically for red skin
How to Choose the Right CC Cream
There are four important things to consider when trying to choose the best cc cream for your skin. Consider them the “four rights”. These include -:
Right Match -: Ensure that you select the cc cream that matches your skin tone. This will ensure that the cream blends well with your skin complexion and it will make your makeup look very natural. You can use some of the store samples to check or you can check the different tone colors for the one that matches best with your skin if you are buying online.
Right Type -: Most CC creams contain additives that are meant to suit specific skin types. For instance, some of these creams contain moisturizers for people with dry skin. The best cc cream for oily skin will have a matte finish and of course be oil free. If you have sensitive skin, avoid using any cc cream with fragrances or any ingredient that may irritate your skin.
Right Target -: Different cc creams are created to target different kinds of skin issues. It is common to find some of these products made to conceal specific issues like wrinkles, large skin pores, sunburns, acne etc. you may improve significantly your chances of getting the best results from your makeup by using specific products that are designed to address your specific needs.
Right Coverage -: if you want to have a more elaborate coverage on your skin, select a cc cream with a thicker texture and opaque color. If you want to have a mild coverage, consider using a cream with a light texture and translucent color.
Video: How to Apply CC Cream for Oily Skin
How to Apply CC Cream
Follow these simple steps to learn how to use your cc cream for best results.
Step 1: Like any other makeup, you need to wash your face clean before applying cc cream. You need to clean your face with your favorite facial cleanser and dry it. Apply toner if you have oily skin or a moisturizer if you have dry skin.
Step 2: Once your face is clean and dry, put small dots of the cream on the area you want to cover. You can put small dots on the different areas of your face if you want to apply it on your entire face.
Step 3: Next, use a makeup brush to blend the cream into the skin. Make sure you use a clean brush. You can also use your fingers for this process too. Just make sure your fingers are very clean.
Step 4: If you did not get the kind of results you want with the first layer, add another layer of CC cream and blend it in with the rest of the cream.
Step 5: Use a small circular makeup brush to buff your skin, make repetitive circular motions with the brush beginning from the forehead work it down to your chin area. This will ensure even distribution of the cream creating a uniform skin tone. You can then apply your foundation after this step if you want to do so.
How to Remove CC Cream
You need to know that knowing the right way to remove CC cream from your face is just as important as knowing how to apply it correctly. The best way to remove CC cream and even makeup generally is to follow a three (3) step cleaning process.
1. First, use makeup wipes to clean it off, but wipes alone may not remove everything.
2. Then after cleaning it off with the wipes, wash your face with water and soap. This will remove any minute residue of makeup or CC cream that may be left on your face.
Typically, makeup and CC cream remnants usually hide in pores, and skin lines especially in places like eyelids and may not be removed properly with wipes alone but washing your face can remove it completely.
3. After you are done washing your face, the next thing to do will be to cleanse it with a facial cleanser to remove any residues trapped in skin pores and moisturize your face with a moisturizing cream. This is because cleansing your face makes it dry and you have to moisturize it.
Also, don’t forget to wash and cleanse areas of your face covered by hair like your hairline skin.
CC Cream Vs Foundation
Many people are often confused about the difference between cc creams and foundation. These are two different products with different uses. CC creams are used as color corrective (CC) or color control creams to cover skin areas with discoloration. While foundation is used for covering any kind of blemishes on your skin.
CC creams can hydrate and moisturize your skin, reduce the appearance of blotchy skin helping to conceal dark spots, it creates uniform skin tone. It may also contain sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage.
Foundation, on the other hand, absorbs shine, producing a uniform skin tone and it creates a smooth poreless look with a nice matte finish. Typically, it is always best to apply cc creams before applying foundation if you intend to use foundation.
FAQs About Best CC Cream for Oily Skin
Can I Use CC Cream as Foundation?
Yes, you can use CC cream as a foundation if you don’t want to put on a heavy makeup on your face which often is the case with foundation. However, know that cc cream is not primarily meant to be used as foundation. It may not cover your face very well if you want to mask any skin issues like acne scars or large pores on your face.
Can CC Cream be Used Alone?
CC cream can be used alone if you are only concerned about making your skin tone uniform or covering up discolouration, dark spots or any similar blemish. However, using CC cream alone may not give you the smooth finish and matte covering that you get from applying foundation. You should consider using cc cream with foundation if you have any skin issues that cannot be covered by using cc cream alone. It is also recommended that you consider using CC cream with foundation if you have oily skin.
Do You Need a Primer before Applying CC Cream?
You don’t necessarily need to use a primer before applying CC cream. However, you need to clean your face with a facial cleanser before applying CC cream. Many CC creams contain moisturizers, sunscreen (SPF), and a primer. You may not need to apply an initial layer as a primer. Consider using foundation if you are concerned about other skin issues like a scar or large pores.
Is CC Cream Good for Oily Skin?
CC cream is not formulated specifically for oily skin, the main purpose of CC cream is for color correction to even out skin tones. However, there are specific CC creams that are formulated for oily skin. The best CC creams for oily skin usually have light coverage, matte finish and are oil-free as well as non-comedogenic.
Can CC Cream be Used Daily?
CC cream can be used daily on your makeup. It is generally lighter than foundation and you can use it with your makeup every day if you have found the right type of CC cream that is suitable for your skin. One of the few reasons why you should stop using CC cream daily is when you have noticed any skin irritation on your face and you suspect it may be caused by the CC cream you are using.
What is the Difference Between CC Cream and BB cream?
CC cream is also known as color-correcting cream and it is essentially used for correcting uneven skin tones by providing natural-looking coverage or skin texture while brightening and protecting the skin whereas BB cream also referred to as beauty balm is a combination of different skincare ingredients that are important for healthy skin like antioxidants, moisturizers, and sunscreen in one cream and they are less pigmented when compared to CC creams.
How Does CC Cream Work?
CC creams contain color pigments that help in covering skin imperfections but it is lighter than foundation. It may also contain other important skin ingredients like sunscreen which protects your skin from sun damage and moisturizing agents that help in keeping your skin hydrated and fresh. It also works by hiding fine lines that may occur from skin wrinkles.
Does CC Cream have Side Effects?
Side effects of CC cream are rare but may occur as a result of sensitivity to any of the constituent ingredients. The best way to avoid this is to always check the label of any CC cream you are using to see if there is an ingredient in the cream that may be sensitive to your skin. Even if a CC cream is popularly regarded as one of the best cc creams (for oily skin) you still need to check if the ingredients are suitable for you. Seek medical attention promptly if you start noticing any side effect or allergic reaction.
Is CC Cream Good for Older Skin?
Yes, CC cream is good for older skin because it provides medium coverage that reduces and even hides fine lines and wrinkles. Most CC creams also contain other important skincare ingredients that are vital for older skin like hyaluronic acid which can help in reducing skin wrinkles and improving hydration, sunscreen which can protect older skin from further sun damage, while providing the perfect color tone for your skin.