Recently Updated on
What is BB Cream
- What is BB Cream
- Selected Best BB Creams for Dry Skin
- Marcelle BB Cream
- Bella Terra Mineral BB Cream
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
- Purlisse BB Tinted Moisturizer Cream SPF 30
- Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Dr.Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
- [SKIN79] Super Plus Beblesh Balm Original Gold BB
- Juice Beauty BB Cream SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
- How to Choose the Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
- Pros and Cons of BB Creams for Dry Skin
- How to Apply BB Cream for Dry Skin
- BB Cream Vs Foundation
- BB Cream Vs Tinted Moisturizer
- Primer Vs BB Cream
- FAQs of Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
If you have dry skin and are looking for the best BB cream for dry skin to use as part of your makeup, we’ve got you covered. But first, let’s explain what BB cream is for those who may not know much about it.
BB cream stands for beauty balm or blemish balm. It is formulated with several ingredients that allow the cream to be used as a primer, foundation and moisturizer. It is common to find moisturizing agents like hyaluronic acid in some of the best bb creams for dry skin.
It is important to moisturize and keep your skin hydrated when you have dry in order to get the best results from your makeup. BB creams make this easy by combining all the different components you need for your skin in one cream.
BB creams can significantly reduce the time you spend on your beauty routines or makeup application because it contains different products in one cream. Most BB cream formulas contain primer, foundation, moisturizer, concealer, sunscreen (SPF), anti-ageing components etc.
Thus, you don’t have to spend time applying the different makeup products separately and it can also save you some money too. Most BB cream formulas especially those made for dry skin are lightweight, but they still provide very good coverage like typical foundation makeup.
Selected Best BB Creams for Dry Skin
We’ve curated some of the best BB creams for dry skin with great reviews to make it easy for you to find one that is most suitable for your skin and budget.
Marcelle BB Cream is a skin-enhancing cream that contains self-adjusting pigments which adapt to fair and medium skin tones. It is enriched with antioxidants, aloe, and camomile that hydrate the skin and prevent premature aging. It is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free and perfect for people with sensitive skin.
- TINTED MOISTURIZER: Our hydrating beauty balm with self-adjusting pigments is a great alternative to foundation. This multi-tasker hydrates & nourishes while reducing the appearance of imperfections.
- HYDRATE & PERFECT: Prime & illuminate your skin with this luminous skin enhancer! Packed with antioxidants plus natural chamomile & aloe, our BB Cream delivers an even, radiant-looking complexion.
- BEST FACE FORWARD: With serums, primers, highlighters, bronzers, & powders we have a full line of skincare & makeup to help you build a foundation for any look, all formulated without irritants or harsh additives.
- MAKE UP & SKINCARE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Marcelle has a full line of hypoallergenic, fragrance-free make up & skincare, including foundation, BB & CC creams, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, bronzer, & more!
Bella Terra Mineral BB Cream provides sheer to medium coverage that erases any skin imperfections without the heavy coverage of foundation makeup. It is suitable for most skin types whether you have dry, oily, acne-prone or combination skin. It is effective for long periods and can last all day long. It is available in different shades so you can find the shade that is most suitable for you.
- 𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗦 - BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer Blemish Balm lets you perfectly blend & build tones from sheer to medium coverage, erasing the appearance of scars, acne, dark circles and fine lines!
- 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗬𝗣𝗘𝗦 - Celebrate your true beauty and fresh youthful glow with a complexion restoring beautifier BB cream that works with dry, oily, acne-prone, combination and sensitive skin types & tones.
- 𝗪𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦 & 𝗠𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗜𝗡𝗚 - Our hydrating BB Cream formula glides on as a gentle cream and dries into a lightweight nearly-matte, satin finish to help achieve the perfect, dewy complexion of your dreams. No cakey, heavy or oily foundation.
- 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 - This Tinted Moisturizer has pure minerals mica, zinc, hydroxatone and magnesium ingredients that add natural SPF, active anti aging control and prevention. No preservatives, parabens, sulphates, alcohol, additives or synthetic dyes. Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free. MADE IN USA - Not Tested on Animals.
This BB cream is effective in blurring obvious skin pores and blemishes with its lightweight coverage and it absorbs excess oil to maintain a great matte finish all day. It contains mineral sunscreen SPF 20 that protects the skin from sun damage, and it has the ability to absorb sweat and humidity while preserving the smooth matte finish on the skin. It is available in two different shades and it is recommended especially for people with oily skin.
- Visibly blurs the look of pores and covers blemishes
- Absorbs oil for all day matte even skin
- Lightweight texture
- Recommended for Oily skin and to cover acne / blemishes; Tested on sensitive skin; Recommended for:Enlarged pores
Purlisse BB Tinted Moisturizer Cream gives a natural-looking coverage that creates a smooth flawless finish. It produces a lightweight thin coverage that improves the appearance of blemished, dry and textured skin.
It also contains a tinting moisturizer that is effective in covering skin redness and other blemishes.
It contains other agents like sunscreen, moisturizers, antioxidants, and it is non-comedogenic and suitable for most skin types.
- BB CREAM FOUNDATION: Offering natural-looking coverage with a flawless finish, our top-rated tinted moisturizer BB (Beauty Balm) cream can be used alone to even skin tone, cover blemishes or under a foundation for long-lasting coverage.
- SPF30 SUNSCREEN: We have formulated our BB cream with the benefit of SPF30 broad spectrum sunblock that's good for daily use.
- ALL SKIN TYPES: The ideal everyday BB cream for sensitive skin, use this gentle tinted moisturizer for dry skin, as well as normal, combination, oily, acne-prone or mature skin. It’s hypoallergenic and amazing for rosacea.
- NATURAL, VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE: Containing antioxidants like soothing chamomile and artemisia to prevent aging, our tinted face moisturizer also features sugar maple to restore a gorgeous glow. Our BB cream cosmetic formula is paraben-free.
Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream from Jane Iredale is effective in providing good coverage for blemishes, skin pores, wrinkles etc. It also smoothes the skin and makes it radiant with a nice velvety finish. It also contains SPF sunscreen, with other inorganic ingredients. It is available in different shades that match different skin tones.
- Promotes luminosity and skin radiance.
- Acts as a skin-smoothing antioxidant.
- Helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
- All options are vegan ; All options are wheat-free
This BB cream has is very effective in reducing the effects of skin aging and provides a matte finish that covers skin discoloration, redness, and other skin blemishes. It improves skin appearance and helps in creating a uniform skin tone. It contains a sunscreen that shields the skin from damaging sun rays and most of the ingredients are hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
- A multifaceted product that provides sheer coverage in a mineral formula to protect skin and deliver anti-aging benefits.
- Repair and Calming agents caffeine and niacin amide help reduce the appearance of redness and discolorations for brighter, more even-toned skin.
- Lightweight feel that leaves a natural matte finish.
This premium BB cream is formulated to provide coverage that makes the skin beautiful while protecting and rejuvenating the skin at the same time. It contains sunscreen that protects the skin from damaging sun rays and the cream is infused with a bio-peptide complex that prevents the skin from aging.
Also, the bio-peptide complex causes renews the skin by promoting natural collagen growth in the skin. Dr. Jart Premium BB cream does not contain sulfates and phthalates.
- This color No. 2 Medium-Deep is for darker skin tone
- A one-step balm that perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors
- Bio-Peptide Complex infused with white gold to provide antiaging properties and promote natural collagen
- Features SPF 45 sun protection
This Original Gold BB cream protects the skin from wrinkling and aging effects, as well as protection from sun damage with sunscreen. It also contains ingredients that help in restoring the skin’s moisture level to prevent it from losing moisture and getting dry. It also provides great coverage for skin blemishes and scars to give a natural-looking smooth finish on the skin.
- Triple function BB Cream with anti-wrinkle, whitening, and SPF30 UV protection.
- The added benefits of Caviar, Gold, as well as Niacinamide help to restore your skin's moisture levels and provide extra care for your tired skin.
- Provides the perfect coverage for natural looking skin.
Juice Beauty BB Cream with tinted moisturizer contains hydrating agents, sunscreen, antioxidants and tinted mineral coverage all combined in one cream to produce great-looking radiant skin.
It is made from natural organic ingredients like organic botanical juice base (aloe, jojoba, grape seed, shea, infused with citrus juices) to provide the skin with natural nutrients to rejuvenate and protect it.
This BB cream can be used with a finishing powder to create a smooth matte finish.
How to Choose the Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
Most BB creams contain multiple products in one cream, but you have to pick the right type of BB cream for your skin type to get the best results each time you use it.
Most of these creams are formulated to suit specific skin types or to address specific issues and they may come in different shades for the different skin tones.
Follow the three steps below to choose the right BB cream for your skin.
1. Know Your Skin Type or Skin Condition: First, you need to determine your skin type and any skin condition you may have if you don’t know this already. This is important because some BB creams are formulated to be most suitable for specific skin types or skin conditions.
For instance, some BB creams may be formulated for dry skin, oily skin, acne-prone skin etc. because of specific ingredients, they contain to address such conditions.
Pick creams that contain moisturizers (like hyaluronic acid) if you have dry skin, avoid getting creams that contain oil or oil-based ingredients if you have oily skin. If your skin is sensitive to certain ingredients, avoid creams that contain such ingredients.
2. Know Your Skin Tone: Secondly, you should pick a BB cream that matches your skin tone. You don’t want to apply a makeup cream that will make your skin look like it has different shades.
You want to have even skin complexion and the best way to achieve this is to use a cream with shades that match your skin tone. Most of the best BB creams for dry skin usually come in different shades which make it easy to find the most suitable shade for your skin.
3. Read Product Reviews: Lastly, read reviews of the cream to see the experience of other users. Also, read the product information either online or on the instructions leaflets that are included in the product box or pack to learn about the specific product information. This will help you to know if your skin is likely to react to any of the ingredients in the product.
Pros and Cons of BB Creams for Dry Skin
Pros of Using the Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
Besides the fact that most BB creams are lightweight and not thick in consistency with great results from mild use, some of the other advantages of using BB creams include:
BB Creams Save Time: This can be time-consuming and distressing especially when you are in a hurry. BB creams contain most of the products that you need to apply in normal makeup routines. So instead of spending time to apply different products, you can just apply your BB cream and save yourself lots of time and energy.
BB Creams Save Money: Imagine how much you will spend if you are to buy separately the different products contained in BB creams. Consider the cost of moisturizer, concealer, sunscreen, foundation etc. You can save all of these costs by just buying a BB cream.
BB Creams Improve Your Self-Esteem: There’s no doubt that BB cream will make you look good and improve your self-confidence. The ability of these creams to conceal blemishes and provide a beautiful looking skin helps a lot of people to improve their self-esteem.
Cons of Using the Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
Sensitivity to Ingredients: Most BB creams may contain ingredients that may be sensitive to your skin. However, most organic BB creams can be used as an alternative.
Inadequate Sunscreen Protection: The fact that most BB creams contain sunscreens does not mean that you don’t need to apply sunscreen again. The sunscreen may be insufficient especially if you spend lots of time outdoors and you may still need to put on extra sunscreen.
How to Apply BB Cream for Dry Skin
Applying BB cream for dry skin can be easy but you have to follow certain steps to get the best results. You can watch the video below to understand and follow this step by step process to ensure that you get the best results.
BB Cream Vs Foundation
BB Creams are often confused with foundation but they are not the same. BB creams are lighter in thickness than foundation which is thick and formulated for maximum coverage, while BB creams on the other hand only provide sheer coverage.
Foundation may be a better option if you are looking for how to cover blemishes, imperfections or scars on your skin. BB creams are more suited for providing light coverage especially if you just want to cover a skin discoloration or hyperpigmentation with a good airbrushed look.
Another thing you need to understand is that you may have to use other makeup products like primers, moisturizers etc. in addition to your foundation, whereas most BB creams already have these different components in one cream so you don’t have to apply them separately.
BB Cream Vs Tinted Moisturizer
BB creams are often referred to as “makeup multi-taskers” because they contain different beauty and makeup ingredients that serve different functions in one cream. They contain moisturizing agents, primers, sunscreen, anti-aging agents etc. all in one cream.
Tinted moisturizers, on the other hand, are essentially moisturizers with small amounts of makeup pigments in them. They are very light in thickness and provide hydration for the skin with some sheer coverage that brightens up the skin.
However, their coverage is lighter than that of BB creams and they do not contain as much beauty ingredients or makeup components like BB creams.
Tinted moisturizers are good for days when you just want to put on minimal makeup coverage and something simple to keep your face hydrated and radiant with some sunscreen protection. On the other hand, BB creams are best for days that you need to have your makeup on for a long period because BB creams tend to last longer than moisturizers because of the primers in their ingredients.
Primer Vs BB Cream
Skin primer is used in skin prep before makeup application especially foundation so that the skin will be smooth enough to apply makeup and also cause the makeup to last long.
Primers are not colored, they are mostly very thin in thickness with the consistency of serums. Consider primers as that product that is used in cleaning and filling the skin to create a smooth canvas for makeup application.
BB creams are considered as multi-tasking cream that has all the different makeup products in one cream. You don’t need to apply primer before applying a BB cream because BB creams usually have primers in them already, but you will have to apply a primer before applying foundation.
FAQs of Best BB Cream for Dry Skin
Can BB Cream be Used as Primer?
BB creams already contain primers in them, so you cannot apply BB cream as a primer like you will typically apply primers and then apply something else like foundation on it. However, BB cream can serve as your primer, foundation, moisturizer, all combined in one cream. You can just put on a BB cream alone and you will be just fine.
Does BB Creams have Side Effects?
Most BB creams may not have reported any known side effect. However, you may need to check the ingredients to ensure that your skin is not sensitive to any of them. Skin irritations or breakouts may be the result of sensitivity to some ingredients in BB creams. You need to check the product information for this before using it.
Can We Use BB Cream Daily?
Yes, you can use BB cream daily if you need to put it on every day. However, you can consider using tinted moisturizers on days that you want to be more casual or just want to put on minimal makeup.
Do You Put Powder Over BB Cream?
Generally, it’s okay to put on some powder after applying BB cream. However, there are a few things you need to consider before deciding whether to apply powder over BB cream. Depending on the kind of finish you want to have, you can put on some finishing powder or you can just put on some mineral powder over BB cream to achieve the kind of finish you want to have.
Do You Apply Concealer Before or After BB Cream?
In most cases, it’s always better to apply BB cream before putting on your concealer. The concealer covers any other blemish or creases that are obvious after applying BB cream.
Do You Apply Moisturizer Before BB Cream?
Typically, part of the process of preparing your face before applying makeup includes cleansing, then moisturizing your face before applying a primer or BB cream. Moisturizers hydrate the skin and often contain agents that lock in moisture in the skin and prevents it from drying.
Facial cleansers often make the skin dry and it’s always better to moisturize your face before applying BB cream, even if your BB cream contains moisturizing agents.
Does BB Cream Cause Breakouts?
BB cream may cause breakouts only if your skin is sensitive to it. Your skin is likely to get irritated if it is sensitive to any ingredients that are used in the BB cream. This may likely result in breakouts. You need to discontinue using the product if this happens.