Recently Updated on
Skin pores are very important for our body to function, but it can become a big issue when large pores and wrinkles interfere with your beauty especially when you have oily skin. Don’t let this prevent you from looking beautiful, consider using some of the best foundation for large pores and oily skin as part of your makeup routine to enhance your facial beauty.
Suggested List of Best Foundations for Large Pores and Wrinkles
- Suggested List of Best Foundations for Large Pores and Wrinkles
- Illuminare Concealing Mineral Foundation
- PUR 4 in 1 Mineral Foundation
- Lorac Sheer Porefection Foundation
- Illuminaire Mattifying Mineral Foundation
- Burt Bee Natural Mattifying Powder Foundation
- EcoBella Natural Liquid Foundation
- Glo Beauty Pressed Mineral Foundation
- Evxo Natural Mineral Liquid Foundation
- BareMinerals Natural Mineral Foundation Matte
- Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation
- Au Naturale Zero Gravity C2P Vegan Cream Foundation
- Everything Cream Foundation
- L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Liquid Longwear Foundation
- Aloe Beautiful Almond Organic Liquid Foundation
- Palladio Dual Wet and Dry Foundation
- What Causes Large Pores and Wrinkles
- How to Apply the Best Foundation for Large Pores
- Skincare Tips for Minimizing Large Pores
- How to Prevent Foundation from Settling in Pores
Illuminare concealing mineral foundation is oil-free and mineral-based and suitable for sensitive skincare. It contains mineral ingredients that make the skin healthy while providing a good-looking glow. You can mix it with BB cream and apply together or combine it with other foundations. A small amount of it should be enough for the entire day.
- This oil-free, semi-matte foundation serves a dual purpose as a full-coverage foundation and a concealer.
- It provides breathable buildable coverage that can go from natural to full.
- Excellent for concealing redness, hyper-pigmentation, acne, and dark circles under the delicate eye area.
- SPF 20 sunscreen shields your skin from the sun's rays to prevent sun damage.
The 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is a mineral-based and time-saving product, serving as a foundation, concealer, finishing powder and SPF 15 sunscreen all in one formula. It is very light and completely oil-free but you may need some extra concealing if you have any significant skin blemish. However, it does not turn heavy nor cakey. It will provide enough coverage without getting orange and it is easy to apply. It also easily blends in with other foundations.
- 4-in-1 - This all in one foundation, concealer, powder and SPF 15 has been clinically proven to correct, prevent and interrupt your biggest skin concerns
- SPF 15 - Blocks 93% of UVB rays that cause aging and discoloration
- Flawless Finish - Lighten up dark spots and uneven skin tone with botanical extracts from Waltheria leaves and vitamin B3
- Buildable Coverage - Light weight formula allows you to build up to your desired coverage
Lorac Sheer Foundation provides a poreless smooth finish that is suitable for textured skins with large pores. The foundation is fragrance and paraben-free and works well with moisturizers to provide a good and smooth consistency. Just one layer should be enough to even up the different skin tones which are common with dry skin. It is packaged in a very nice and easy to use a container which makes it easier to apply the right amount.
This mineral-based mattifying foundation by Illuminare is not only formulated to make your face beautiful, but it is also designed to protect it from sunlight damage with SPF 20 sunscreen. It mattifies the oily skin and also serves as a concealer. It is oil-free, lightweight and does not slide off. It may be better to mix it with a BB cream to get the perfect combination if your skin is not very oily.
- This concentrated, oil absorbing mineral foundation is transfer resistant and very highly water resistant (80 Min)
- A tiny amount is all you need and it has a built-in foundation primer for shine-free, all day wear.
- The formula absorbs excess shine to keep your complexion smooth with a matte finish that lasts.
- Provides medium coverage and SPF 20 protects the skin from the sun's harmful rays.
Burt’s Bees mattifying powder foundation is designed for tan to dark skin tones, with many color tones to choose from. It is made from 100% natural ingredients, it’s cruelty-free and does not contain parabens, talc and other irritants. It does not cause breakouts and it is a good option for sensitive skin. It works both as a mattifying foundation and a powder to give a naturally beautiful look. It is easy to apply and it can be used with a BB cream.
- MATTE FOUNDATION: Powder matte foundation in Almond is ideal for tan to dark skin tones with cool undertones and works as a lightweight foundation or a setting powder
- NOURISHING INGREDIENTS: Made with Bamboo to blur imperfections, this mineral makeup blends easily to smooth and even skin, while absorbing oil without drying out skin
- EASY APPLICATION: 100% natural origin, non-comedogenic, shine control-formula lets your build coverage gradually as needed for a natural-looking finish that lasts all day with a sponge applicator and mirror included
- POWDER FOUNDATION: Comes in 6 lightweight, mattifying shades to match a variety of skin tones, perfect for oily or combination skin
EcoBella Natural Liquid Foundation is an eco-friendly product containing organic oils and flower wax and no chemicals, which makes it a perfect choice for sensitive skin. It provides light coverage and also feels very light on the face. It is very moisturizing as well, which makes it a very good match for dry skin, especially during cold days. It may be a little bit thicker than expected due to its natural ingredients.
- Safe, natural foundation for non-greasy coverage of dark circles and other imperfections
- Contains organic oils and flower wax iron oxides for a natural makeup perfect for sensitive skin
- Easy to apply, natural concealer for clean and confident coverage that lasts
- Nourish your face with safe, natural shades that are chemical, fragrance and gluten-free
This Mineral Makeup Pressed Powder Foundation is a talc-free and nourishing powder foundation by Glo Skin. It contains useful minerals, vitamins and green tea extract that the skin needs. It does not cause breakouts because of its natural ingredients and powder form. This makes it suitable for sensitive skin. However, you may need some extra concealing in case of any major blemishes.
- This pressed powder foundation delivers unsurpassed coverage
- It nourishes, corrects and protects all skin types
- It provides buildable, sheer to full coverage with a flawless, semi-matte finish.
Evxo Natural Mineral Foundation is very good for buildable makeup. It contains chamomile, thyme and vitamin E. It provides a natural and healthy look and does not cause breakouts or skin irritation. It’s especially recommended for oily, acne-prone skin or skin with rosacea problems. Its push-button dropper helps you to apply the exact amount you need, without wasting a drop.
- PERFECT FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE - EVXO Foundations are Certified Organic with Natural Ingredients to keep from clogging your pores. This long lasting formula will accentuate your natural beauty
- ALL DAY WEAR - Our all natural liquid foundation offers smooth application with a dewey, non-greasy finish
- BUILDABLE COVERAGE - Keep your look light and natural or layer up to medium coverage to cover problem areas with this buildable organic makeup
- WE DO NOT BUY OR TRADE FOR REVIEWS. 100% of the reviews you see for this product (Good, or bad) are real reviews that were not paid for, or received in exchange for merchandise.
This mineral foundation by Bare Escentuals is designed to improve the skin texture, protect it from damage and minimize pores. It contains SPF 15 that protects from sun damage and lasts for a long time. It provides a buildable coverage so you can use it with a primer or a different make-up base. It gives a very sheer, light and elegant coverage, especially when used with a moisturizer. It can either be used with different products or used alone.
- New Breakthrough Matte formula minimizes pores, promotes cell turnover for fresher and smother skin and also protects skin from environmental damage.
- The weightless and silky formula offers flawless coverage without the look or feel of heavy makeup.
- It’s free of preservatives, talc, oil and waxes, so it works for all ages, skin tones and complexions.
- Clinical studies show that bareMinerals SPF 15 FOUNDATION actually improves skin over time while providing flawless coverage.
The Panstick Foundation by Max Factor is a well-known product which provides essential coverage and great foundation look. It is easy to apply and has a very creamy texture, which makes it a perfect concealer of blemishes and ageing effects. It is a good choice for time-saving makeup and an excellent option for people with damaged skin who search for an effective concealer that provides a natural, healthy look.
- Normal/Dry Skin
- Rich creamy foundation
- Hides imperfections
Au Naturale Zero Gravity Foundation is an organic foundation cream stick that provides 15 color choices and it is easy to apply because of its stick form. It contains natural ingredients such as jojoba seed oil, mineral pigments and candellia wax. It provides very good coverage and moisturizes the skin. It is a creme foundation so it may be good to use it with a primer.
- Our Zero Gravity Creme to Powder [C2P] Foundation Stick goes on like a nourishing creme but finishes like a weightless powder. Apply with our Cruelty-Free Creme Foundation Brush or straight from the stick and blend with clean fingers.
- Marino: for medium light skin tones with neutral undertones.
- Formulated without animal bi-products, synthetic preservatives, nano particles, gluten, parabens, fillers, dyes or toxins, our Zero Gravity Creme Foundation is 100% natural, cruelty-free, vegan and made in the USA.
- Ingredients: Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam Seed Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed Oil), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Organic Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender Oil), Manihot Esculenta (Tapioca Root Starch), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micas, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Copernica Cerifera (Carnuba Wax). May Contain: Ultramarine Blue, Chromium Oxide Green
The Everything Cream Foundation by Honest Beauty provides a natural buildable covering with a beautiful semi-matte finish effect. It is a natural product that contains jojoba oil and it does not cause irritation. It is a suitable product for people with sensitive skin. It is unlikely to become cakey when used and a little amount can last for a long time. It is also easy to apply.
- Buildable medium-to-full coverage
- Velvety demi-matte finish
- Creamy texture and mineral pigments blend smoothly and evenly
- The weightless formula helps moisturize skin with jojoba oil
The longwear liquid foundation by L’Oreal Paris is an innovative product available in 30 colours and designed as a lightweight base with hydrating effect, supported by breathable-skin technology. Due to its original qualities, it provides great concealing effect without tiring or irritation of the skin. It covers blemishes without the need for additional concealers and provides a delicate finish.
- L'OREAL PARIS INFALLIBLE PRO-MATTE FOUNDATION: Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours, hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.
- AIR-LIGHT MATTE-FINISH FOUNDATION MAKEUP: For a matte finish that won't fall flat, apply with fingers, makeup sponge, or foundation brush, starting at the center of the face and blending toward the jaw and hairline.
- THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR LOOK: From natural to full coverage, L'Oréal Paris face makeup has what you need for a smooth, even finish. Highlight to illuminate, use concealer to hide imperfections or use contouring makeup for enhanced, defined features.
- BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT: L'Oreal Paris Makeup helps you create the look you want with our full line of makeup including foundations, concealers, highlighter makeup, brow pencils, eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks and much more.
The Organic Liquid Foundation by Bubble and Beau is a natural and silicone-free organic product. It provides smooth and full coverage that is available in up to 12 colors. The formula also provides anti-ageing effect based on aloe, shea butter and vitamin E contained in the foundation. It is a perfect choice for people with both oily and sensitive skin, as it does not cause irritation.
- Made with certified ORGANIC and ALL NATURAL ingredients - ZERO artificial colors, preservatives or fragrances. Made in the USA, vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free makeup
- NO harsh chemicals, parabens or pore-clogging ingredients
- Advanced ANTI-AGING formula for healthy, youthful, flawless skin
- Goes on SMOOTH for balanced, non-greasy coverage
The Dual Wet and Dry Foundation by Palladio is a unique product that can be used both as foundation and powder, and this makes it a perfect choice for any occasion. It contains rice powder, it’s a very good match for oily skin: it absorbs the oil, giving a smooth look without the cakey effect. It is a ”multitasking” product which can be applied both alone or mixed with other creams, concealers or foundations. A sponge and mirror is included in the packaging container.
- 2 Pack 400 Laurel Nude
- Made for consumers and makeup artists alike, this top-selling formula can be applied both wet, for maximum, all-day coverage, or dry, for light finishes and touch-ups
- Alpha-hydroxy fruit acids help eliminate fine lines, and Zinc Oxide prevents breakouts while our specially designed sponge ensures a flawless application every time
What Causes Large Pores and Wrinkles
Large pores are caused by a variety of factors and understanding these causes will help you minimize the chances of having it or at least control it when it occurs.
One of the major causes of large skin is oily skin. High amounts of oil produced by the sebaceous glands beneath your skin can clog the skin pores causing them to become enlarged.
Ageing also causes your skin to lose its elasticity because of the decrease in the amounts of collagen in your skin tissues. This could cause skin pores to become bigger in size.
Another factor is gender where females are usually affected more than males because of female hormonal changes especially during pregnancy, menstruation etc.
Other factors like sun damage and genetics also contribute significantly to enlarge skin pores.
How to Apply the Best Foundation for Large Pores
There is a right way of applying foundation to minimize the appearance of large pores on your face after using your makeup. It is important to get the best results from your foundation by applying it correctly. This will boost your self-confidence especially if you are also wearing a great outfit that compliments your makeup. You can follow this short step by step process below to ensure that you get the best results or watch the video below-:
Cleanse your face with a facial cleanser -: The first step will be to ensure that your face is oil-free and without any dead skin cells. Pores tend to get enlarged when clogged and this can be reduced by preventing dirt and dead skin cells from clogging the pores on your face can reduce. You can use an oil-free cleanser to cleanse your face and wash it with cool or cold water. This will remove any oily secretions and dirt from your face. After washing your face with cool or cold water, apply a facial scrub to exfoliate your skin and make it ready for the foundation.
Remove dead skin cells -: The next step will be to apply a serum or moisturizer with salicylic acid to remove any dead cells inside the pores and moisturize your skin at the same time.
Apply foundation primer -: Before applying the foundation, you should apply a foundation primer for best results. Even when you are using the best foundation for large pores, you may still have to use a primer to get great results. Silicone-based foundation primers are most recommended for this step because they fill the pores making them less obvious and provide a smooth canvas for your foundation. Ensure to use an oil-free matte primer that is designed to minimize pores.
Apply foundation -: After applying primer, you can then apply your foundation. Ensure that you use an oil-free non-comedogenic foundation that will not clog the pores on your face as much as possible. Also, a matte foundation is more likely to produce the best results because it does not make the skin pores conspicuous. You can then use your makeup brushes and egg-shaped sponge (Beauty Blender) to apply your foundation.
Apply setting powder -: You can then apply setting powder and setting spray to keep your foundation intact for a long period of time.
Skincare Tips for Minimizing Large Pores
Many people are often concerned about the large pores on their face or nose and are always looking for the best solution like some of the best foundation for large pores to use. However, know that there are several things that you can do to minimize the size of pores on your face (at least if you cannot eliminate them completely). These include -:
Using an exfoliating facial cleanser -: Use a facial cleanser often regularly to remove any excess oily secretions and dirt that may have accumulated on your face without over drying it. Regular use will cause your skin to get cleaner which will lead to smaller pores over time because of less accumulations in the pores.
Use a facial moisturizer with hyaluronic acid -: A moisturizer will refresh the skin keeping it hydrated all the time. Facial moisturizers that contain hyaluronic acid will also help the skin to maintain its tightness which will cause the skin pores to get smaller over time
Use a face mask -: Most facial masks are formulated to remove the dirt and accumulations of dead skin cells and oil from the pores. It unclogs the pores and refreshes the skin making the pores to become tighter and less visible.
Wear Sunscreen: Harsh heat from sunlight destroys the collagen fibers in your skin making it drier and lose. This makes your skin pores to become bigger because the skin is less tight.
Never Sleep with Makeup -: Sleeping with makeup overnight will clog your pores causing them to become enlarged. Always wash off your makeup before going to bed.
How to Prevent Foundation from Settling in Pores
If you are using any of the best foundation for large pores to cover up your facial pores, you need to use it correctly. It’s so annoying to spend all the time applying makeup just to see that settled in pores and wrinkles creating awful spots and patches on your face that you don’t like. Some of the things you can do to reduce this or prevent foundation from settling in pores and wrinkles on your face include:
Use small amounts of foundation -: Its always better to use the amount of foundation that is just enough on your face and avoid applying it in areas where it’s not needed. This will prevent having too much foundation on your face which can settle into pores and become difficult to remove.
Use a Primer: Applying a good primer before foundation helps in covering the pores and wrinkles to create a good surface for the foundation. This will prevent or reduce the amount of foundation that gets clogged up in pores and around wrinkles.
Try Liquid Foundation: Liquid foundation can dry up after it is applied and rarely breaks or dissolves into the pores on your face.
Proper Skin Preparation: The best way of ensuring that you prevent the foundation from clogging your skin pores is to prepare your skin the right way before applying foundation. You can do this by cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and priming the skin before applying foundation on your face.
Large skin pores can be a real challenge in maintaining a beautiful smooth face. Hopefully, these suggested products that are some of the best foundation for large pores available can be helpful in giving you the results that you want.