Applying makeup on textured skin surface can be quite daunting and sometimes the results are disappointing. It is a lot easier when you know the best foundation for textured skin that you can use and how you can apply it for best results. This is very important for people with oily skin, acne scars, large pores, dry skin etc. because these conditions affect the skin surface and make it difficult to apply makeup foundation easily.
There are different types of foundations that can work well with different skin types. This article will provide some useful information that will make it easy for you to know the right kind of foundation to use for your skin and how to use it for best results.
Some of the best foundation for textured skin available include:
- Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Foundation
- Bare Escentuals Original Foundation
- Sheer Cover Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation
- Bella Terra Mineral Powder Foundation
- Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
- BareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Matte Foundation
- Laura Geller New York Tan Baked Balance Foundation
- Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation
- Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Foundation
- Dermablend Intense Powder High Coverage Foundation
- Factors to Consider Before Choosing The Best Foundation for Textured Skin
- 4 Step Process of Applying Foundation on Textured Skin – Video
- How to Find Perfect Foundation Shade
Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation provides full coverage with mineral sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 30 protection from sun damage. It also hydrates the skin producing a flawless, natural finish that does not feel or look cakey or masky.
Dermablend foundation is fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, suitable for sensitive skin and easy to use. It is a versatile foundation makeup that can be used for various purposes to provide maximum coverage. It can be used as a foundation, cream concealer, and cream contour. Dermablend provides smudge-free coverage for up to 16 hours.
- Delivers a flawless complexion^Gives you 12 hours of consistent wear^Delivers all day hydration
Made from pure crushed minerals, Bare Escentuals Original Foundation also contains original SPF 15 sunscreen protection against sun damage. It provides flawless full coverage with a natural glow and it is free from fragrance, oils, and preservatives. It is not irritating to the skin and it works just fine for people with sensitive skin.
- Bare Escentuals
- Make Up
- Bare Escentuals - Powder - BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation
- BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation - # Golden Medium (W20)
Sheer Cover – Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation provides a light, natural, and flawless coverage that creates the perfect airbrushed look. It uses optical filters that deflect light to create a smooth, glowing look.
It is lightweight and does not clog skin pores allowing the skin to breathe. Sheer Cover Studio mineral foundation is perfect for most skin types including oily, dry and combination skin types. It also provides a long lasting coverage that does not wear out easily.
- NATURAL AND FLAWLESS LOOKING COVERAGE: Mineral foundation with patented pigments and optical filters designed to deflect light and create a natural, airbrushed look with long-lasting coverage
- TRUESHADE TECHNOLOGY: Designed to adjust to your unique skin tone for an ideal color match with no blending and no guesswork
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Feather-light foundation formula allows skin to breathe
- NON-IRRITATING: Contains antioxidant rooibos tea and soothing botanicals, dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic
Bella Terra Mineral Powder Foundation provides flawless skin coverage and also works well as an under eye corrector and acne cover. It is a lightweight powder that gives a long lasting coverage that does not wear out easily.
This foundation can also hide wrinkles and it provides sunscreen protection from sun damage. It does not contain preservatives or parabens, alcohol, additives, talc or toxic chemicals. It is entirely animal and cruelty-free. There are different powder shades to pick from.
- Flawless Skin Coverage: Clear and cover your skin with an all-natural mineral powder that acts as a foundation, undereye corrector, and acne cover.
- Barely-there Feel: A light powder with long-lasting coverage that still looks gorgeous by the time 5 0’clock rolls around.
- Hide Wrinkles: High-quality mineral powder sits on top of your skin and doesn’t settle into your fine lines and wrinkles!
- Sun Protection: Get the UV protection of a sunscreen without the scents or sticky residue with a natural SPF 15.
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation is a lightweight foundation that blends easily to provide medium coverage. It is made from pure, gentle and selected minerals that enhances skin tone, clarity and texture. This foundation is oil-free and fragrance-free. It also contains SPF – 20 that provides protection against sun damage to the skin.
- This oil-free mineral foundation pressed powder uses pure and gentle minerals, selected by dermatologists, to create a naturally radiant and glowing complexion.
- Featuring antioxidants, these minerals are extra soft and blendable, allowing you to build your desired foundation coverage from sheer to medium without a heavy makeup look or feel. And, it's great for mess-free, easy touch-ups.
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
- Available in powder foundation and loose powder foundation
Bare Minerals provides the perfect foundation for oily skin and it is a lightweight, matte loose powder foundation that minimizes the appearance of pores, scars, and any imperfections. It also provides a sheer to full coverage with no shine. It gives the best results when it is applied at least twice a day.
- Gives a shine-free coverage
- Infused with extraordinary skin-renewing properties
- Reduces enlarged pores & smoothes out skin
- Country of origin is United States
Laura Geller New York Tan Baked Balance Foundation balances and brightens skin tone. It contains color correcting pigments for weightless, creamy coverage that makes the skin look flawless and beautifully radiant.
The foundation also contains antioxidants that protect your skin from ageing and there are several shades for different skin tones that you can pick from and it is suitable for most skin types. Some people also consider this as one of the best foundations for textured skin.
- Multi-color pigments self adjust to skin for the most natural looking coverage-
- Baked products feel weightless on the skin
- Medium, buildable coverage
This foundation (Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation) is made from four cosmetic grade natural ingredients. It is weightless and formulated to provide buildable coverage with a smooth matte finish that can produce a subtle glow. It comes in various shades that fit perfectly with different skin tones. The foundation blends in very well with your skin enhances the appearance of your complexion and it works to conceal the appearance of lines, pores, blemishes and any skin imperfections.
It is fragrance-free and does not contain any parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
- Foundation Powder: Our award-winning Satin Matte Foundation provides buildable coverage in 45 shades. Created from four hypoallergenic ingredients, our buildable mineral makeup foundation enhances your complexion while evening your skin tone. This lightweight foundation powder is a perfect natural makeup addition to your everyday makeup routine.
- Beige 2 - Your skin is fair to light. You may burn with initial sun exposure. You are likely the lightest or second lightest shade in other lines.
- Beige - With a balance of yellow and red pigments, our Beige range works with most neutral peach undertones. It’s also our most popular range. It’s slightly warmer than our Neutral range, but not quite as golden-toned as our Warm range. If Olive shades are close, but not quite right, you will find a match with Beige.
- About Us: We are Alima Pure. We only use the highest quality, purest ingredients. Without compromise, our products are never tested on animals.
Neutrogena mineral compact foundation is made from ingredients that are skin friendly and dermatologically tested. Most of these ingredients are non-comedogenic, oil-free and work well on sensitive skin. It also contains antioxidants and minerals that are blended and pressed into the foundation. This foundation is lightweight and makes it easy to apply mess-free medium coverage makeup that makes your skin to glow radiantly.
It also contains SPF 20 sunscreen protection that shields your skin from sun damage. It contains most of the skin essential vitamins like vitamin A, C, E and it does not contain talc, fragrance and dyes.
- Create a natural looking finish with Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Compact Powder Oil-Free Mineral Foundation
- Mineral powder foundation provides sheer to medium buildable coverage that blends effortlessly for a natural look
- This face powder helps even and enhance skin clarity, tone, and texture while reducing the appearance of redness
- Lightweight foundation contains dermatologist-selected pure and gentle minerals. It is oil-free and fragrance-free and is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores
Dermablend Intense Powder foundation provides an oil-free medium that gives full makeup coverage with a matte finish. The foundation blends well with your skin, it can create a flawless coverage that does not look cakey and it lasts all day.
The foundation is made from ingredients that are non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, fragrance-free, and suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- makeup powder
- powder foundation
- powder foundation
Factors to Consider Before Choosing The Best Foundation for Textured Skin
It is important to get the right kind of foundation that is suitable for your skin. Some of the factors to consider when trying to identify the best foundation for your skin type includes -:
Use the Right Shade of Foundation for Your Skin -: There are several types of foundation shades that are designed to match different skin undertones. You will have to get the right shade of foundation for your skin to get the best results from your makeup.
You need to know your skin undertone to be able to correctly pick the right shade of foundation. There are basically three kinds of undertones, these include -: cool, warm and neutral. Cool represents blue, red or pink skin. Warm represents golden, yellow or peach skin and Neutral means your skin is a combination of cool and warm colors.
Get the Right Foundation for Your Skin Type -: The different types of foundations (powder, liquid, sticks) are made with different kinds of constituents or ingredients that are supposed to cater for the different types of textured skin. Some of the different textured skin types include oily skin, dry skin, skin with large pores or acne scars etc. You need to pick the right foundation with ingredients that address the specific needs of your skin type.
For instance, you need to avoid oil-based foundations if you have oily skin or acne prone skin. Stick foundation or one with moisturizing and hydrating components will be the best option for dry skin. Avoid foundation with ingredients that your skin reacts to if you have sensitive skin or consider buying one that is hypoallergenic. Another good idea to consider all the time is to get foundations with SPF sunscreen to prevent your skin from the harsh effects of the sun.
Know the Right Level of Coverage for Your Skin -: The amount of foundation coverage or thickness of the layer is also very important to get the best results. Some of these layers of coverage include Sheer, Dewy, Satin, Semi-Matte, and Matte. See the details below.
Sheer: This is the ideal skin formula and it is available in tints as well as BB and CC
Dewy: This is a very thin layer that is not suitable for oily skin and it may not cover scars properly if you have any acne scars.
Satin: This level can create smooth coverage of the skin and it is a good option for dry skin
Semi-Matte: This layer provides significant coverage and it gives a natural smooth skin appearance.
Matte: This layer has significantly thick coverage with little water content and it is most suitable for oily skin.
4 Step Process of Applying Foundation on Textured Skin – Video
If you are not getting the kind of results that you really want when applying foundation, chances are that you may be doing it incorrectly. You need to follow this simple four-step process of applying foundation on any textured skin for the best results.
Cleanse your skin -: First, you need to wash and cleanse your face to remove any debris, grime or excess oil from your skin before starting the makeup application process. You can use any suitable cleansing formula to do this.
Moisturize your skin -: The next step will be to moisturize your skin and make it supple for the foundation to settle in without forming creases or cracking later. There are different types of moisturizers that you can use. Try using one that compliments your skin type. For instance, consider using a moisturizer that has additives like hyaluronic acid and collagen if you have dry skin.
Prime your skin -: It is now time to prime your skin before you start applying your foundation. You can do this by using a good foundation primer to cover up any pores or creases on your skin and create a smooth canvas for the foundation. There are several affordable foundation primers that you can use.
Apply your foundation -: You need to apply it using certain application techniques for best results. Some beauty experts recommend that you begin application at the center of the face and blend outwards. Try to use tools like foundation brushes and beauty blender to get good results. Also, ensure that you cover up your foundation makeup with setting powder or setting spray and remove any excess with a blotting paper. This will ensure that your makeup lasts for a long time without breaking up or getting wet.
How to Find Perfect Foundation Shade
The ideal practice is to apply foundation in a manner that makes it look exactly like your skin tone. Nobody trying to find the best foundation for textured skin would like to wear foundation that makes them look like they have two different skin tones. This often happens from using or selecting the wrong foundation shade.
Some people resort to taking foundation match quizzes to find the perfect foundation for their skin, but unfortunately, the quiz results will not help much if you don’t understand the basic information needed to pick the best foundation shade that is most suitable for your skin.
Also, the conditions in many cosmetic and beauty stores or aisles can make it difficult to know the best foundation shade for your skin. The lighting in these stores can make it very tricky to pick the exact shade of foundation for your skin.
However, you can try this four-step process to finding the best foundation shade for your skin.
Test the Foundation in Natural Lighting: Always find a way to use natural lighting (or illumination that is close to natural light) when testing out foundations. This is because store lighting can mask your real skin tone and make the foundation you are testing look different on you under the light. You are more likely to pick the wrong shade of foundation when testing under store light or illumination than when you test the foundation under natural lighting.
Always Remember Your Skin Undertones: Let me briefly explain what skin undertone is for those who may be wondering what this is all about. Skin tone essentially is what describes the complexion or shade of your skin. While skin undertones refer to the colors underneath your skin that affect the overall skin tone. There are basically three skin undertones: cool, warm and neutral.
How to Find Your Skin Undertone
You can use a simple and fast process to find your skin undertone. Take a look at the median side of your forearm, look at the lines of veins showing underneath your skin. The color of the lines (veins) underneath your skin can be an indication of your skin undertone.
Cool skin undertones will likely show hints of blue, pink, purple and teal green colors. Warm undertones will appear as yellow, gold, peach, olive green colors. For neutral undertones, the veins may appear ash-coloured or grey, brown or you may not see any color.
Don’t worry if you have a neutral undertone, it just means that you may have more options in selecting the shade of your foundation. People with neutral undertones can also use foundations for cool and warm skin undertones effectively. Just make sure you pick a foundation with a shade that makes comfortable and blends well with your skin type.
Determine Your Foundation Coverage Level
There are different types of foundation coverage and you should know which one you prefer i.e. the one that works best for your skin. The foundation coverage level can be sheer or medium coverage.
It will be a lot easier if you already know your foundation coverage level, however, the best thing to do will be to get a foundation with a lighter shade if you don’t know your coverage level. You can also get a light to medium coverage foundation if you are not sure of your coverage level because you can always build it up if it doesn’t work well.
Another thing to have in mind is that full coverage foundations are better if you have any scar or skin discoloration that you want to cover up properly with makeup.
Consider Your Skin Type
The kind of skin you have is another important factor to consider when trying to find the perfect foundation shade for your skin. Dewy foundations may be the best option for you if you have normal or dry skin. On the other hand, the matte foundation is a better option for combination and oily skin types.
Matte foundations tend to absorb oily secretions from oily skin and moisture from the skin to keep your makeup dry and make it last for a longer time. Dewy foundations are almost perfect for dry and normal skin types because they contain moisturizers and hydrating ingredients that will hydrate the skin and make the foundation last longer. This is a must-have for foundations that are considered the best foundations for textured skin.
How to Choose Foundation Color Online
Choosing a foundation color online can be tricky or “hit or miss” for some people. However, if you can take the following steps to find the best foundation color that is most suitable for your skin online.
Online Foundation Match Quiz: You can take an online foundation match quiz or look at foundation match charts available on retail sites of most beauty companies to determine which foundation color is most suitable for you. The quiz is designed to ask you or gather information about your skin type and generate results for you that best match the right foundation for your skin type using the information you provided. Many people have experienced mixed results with this quizzes, so you can try it out to see if it works for you or not.
Read Online Reviews: Like any other thing you buy online, it is important to read reviews of others who used this method for choosing a foundation online. You may find information about which of the numerous online tools for choosing the color of the best foundation for textured skin is most effective and a number of other important information that people who have used these tools before provide online.
Buy Travel Size or Small Size First: The wise thing to do when you are not confident of the foundation color you get from a quiz or chart is to buy a travel size of that foundation. Test it first and see if it looks good on you before buying significant quantities. Make sure you understand the return policy of any merchant or store you are buying from if you want to buy any significant quantity outrightly.