Are Ray-Ban glasses worth it? Well, if you are thinking about buying sunglasses from a designer brand such as Ray-Ban, then it’s normal to wonder if they are worth the investment. So to put it simply, yes they are worth it and there are many reasons why Ray-Ban is such a popular brand. Read on to find out more about Ray-Ban and why it is priced with the best.
Is Ray-Ban a Designer Brand?
Yes, Ray-Ban is a luxury lifestyle brand that is famous for its timelessly stylish sunglasses and eyeglasses. It was first established by Bausch & Lomb in 1936. In 1999 Ray-Ban was acquired by the Luxottica Group which includes the most loved luxury brands like Burberry, Chanel, Coach, Tiffany & Co., Prada, Versace, Michael Kors, and more. That’s an interesting little piece of information, isn’t it? It’s always nice to know a bit about our favorite brands.
For many years, Ray-Ban has been loved by people all over the world for their fashionable classics which are the Aviators and Wayfarers. Of course, there are new additions to this collection such as Clubmaster, Chromance, State Street, New Wayfarer, and more to meet the current style trends.
What truly makes this brand so amazing are its iconic frames and edgy designs that are available in unique shapes and colors to meet the expectations of people all over the world. The collection is so vast that it’ll be hard not to find a pair of sunglasses in Ray-Ban that meet your personality and authentic style.
Why Choose Ray-Ban Lenses?
Some of the reasons why you should consider using Ray-Ban lenses include:
1. Fit: This has to be the most important feature while selecting a pair of glasses. Ray-Ban allows you to customize, select the shape and size of the lens and frame so it can fit you perfectly.
You wouldn’t want loose glasses that need to be adjusted now and then. Worse is preventing them from falling off your face every time you bend. Also, you wouldn’t want your glasses to be so tight that they leave marks on your face.
2. Polarized: The Polarized technology helps in blocking reflected light by providing enhanced clarity, reducing glare, and improving contrast. This special film on the Ray-Ban lenses will allow you to see clearly even on those bright days under the sun, while skiing on snowy mountains, and it also helps in blocking reflection from water bodies.
3. Blue Light Filter: This is another feature that is recommended not to be ignored while buying lenses. That’s because we spend most of our time on our phones, laptops, and other digital devices. The Blue Light Filter helps in protecting your eyes and reducing eye strain that can be caused due to electronic screens.
4. UV Protection: The lenses are designed with a protective coating to guard your eyes against damaging UV rays. Long-term exposure to sunlight can lead to many eye problems so don’t forget to shield your eyes when you’re out in the sun as sunglasses can help in absorbing the harmful UV radiation.
5. High Definition Clarity: Ray-Ban’s innovative lenses with anti-reflective property ensure crystal clear clarity so you can experience the best vision possible.
6. Authentic: The high-quality lenses guarantee 100% originality and come engraved with the iconic signature on the lens.
Different Types of Ray-Ban Lenses
The different types of Ray-Ban lenses include:
- Classic lenses maintain uniform color and a natural vision without altering the colors.
- Gradient lenses are darker at the top and slightly fade towards the bottom of the lens.
- Mirror and Flash lenses are designed with a reflective finish so you can see things clearly.
- Evolve lenses can change color and adapt accordingly to light.
- Chromance lenses enable a clear vision by intensifying colors. They are popularly known for their bright blue lenses and are great for outdoor activities.
Why are Ray-Ban Glasses So Expensive?
There are many sunglasses available in the market for a low price point, then why invest in a Ray-Ban? It’s fair for you to wonder about these things. After all, the range of price differences is huge when you compare other sunglasses with this luxury brand.
One of the main reasons is that Ray-Ban belongs to the Italian company Luxottica. In fact, Luxottica owns almost all the famous eyewear companies such as Sunglass Hut, Oakley, Pearle Vision, LensCrafters, and Oliver Peoples.
Since Luxottica is dominant in the optical industry, it can dictate the price for luxury eyewear. People are also willing to pay the price for the exclusivity that comes with the brand.
Apart from making a fashion statement, Ray-Ban is known for its functionality and performance too. Ray-Ban sunglasses come with polarized lenses and provide UV protection to your eyes.
You can customize the product by choosing the color of the frame and lens, the shape of the frame and lens, and the material of the frame to meet your needs and style. The Ray-Ban glasses are lightweight, comfortable, and durable.
Of course, you can still buy sunglasses and eyeglasses that look alike at a lesser price from the regular stores. This way you can experiment with new styles and designs without having to spend a mini fortune. But, when it comes to durability, quality, and style, then Ray-Ban is a brand that you can rely on.
What are the Popular Types of Ray-Ban Glasses?
Aviators: The Aviators are iconic classics that are known for their pilot-shaped design with a gold metallic frame. Aviators were originally designed for the US military pilots and they’ve never gone out of style.
They look great on people with square and triangular-shaped faces. The new versions available in Aviators are Total Black Aviators, Blaze Aviators, Aviator Mirror, Aviator Washed Evolve, True Blue, and Aviator Gradient to further jazz up the look.
Classic Wayfarer: The original wayfarer is another classic design in the history of sunglasses. The wayfarers have a square-shaped frame and are great for oval and round-shaped faces.
You can customize the frame color, lens, and material according to your preferences. The new varieties under wayfarers include State Street, New Wayfarer, Blaze Wayfarer, Nomad, Meteor Classic, and more that are designed with an edgier touch of style.
Round Glasses: We have to agree that round sunglasses have a retro vibe and look great on both men and women. There are a wide variety of round sunglasses and eyeglasses on Ray-Ban that you can select and customize based on your needs.
You can choose from a range of frames, lenses, colors, and styles to achieve a distinct look. Marshall, Hexagonal Flat Lense, Blaze Round, and Oval Flat Lenses are some of the most loved types of round glasses.
Clubmaster: The distinctive design and vintage look of the Clubmaster glasses set them apart. The authentic style of the Clubmaster frames with the acetate brow piece is what makes them so popular.
There is again a wide range of options to choose from in this category. The Clubmaster frames are available in sunglasses and eyeglasses, you can select the frame material, frame color, lens type, and more to create a unique style.
Now let us go through some of the commonly asked questions about Ray-Ban glasses:
Does Ray-Ban Come in Different Sizes?
Yes, one of the benefits of choosing Ray-Ban is that you can customize the lens size to get the best fit. Ray-Ban glasses are designed in a standard size that is likely to fit everyone but there are many different options to choose from.
Usually, the size measurements are printed on the inside temple of the frame so you can check the size accordingly to suit your needs.
Does Ray-Ban Offer a Lifetime Warranty?
No, it does not provide a lifetime warranty. However, Ray-ban offers a limited warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Are Ray-Ban Glasses Unisex?
Almost all the Ray-Ban glasses are unisex, however, there are also separate categories for men, women, and kids so you can specifically choose glasses that match your style.
Are Ray-Bans Scratch-Resistant?
Ray-Ban’s remarkable crystal lenses are considered to be scratch-resistant and durable. With Ray-Ban glasses, you will not have to worry about daily wear and tear. Especially, the premium nylon frames are known to be reliable and highly durable.
Is Ray-Ban Waterproof?
Yes, you can wear your Ray-Ban glasses in the rain or the pool but it is not recommended to leave them submerged in water for extended periods of time.
Is it Safe to Clean my Ray-Ban Glasses with Antimicrobial Wipes?
It is recommended not to use hand sanitizer or antimicrobial wipes as they may contain alcohol that can damage your lenses. To effectively clean your Ray-Ban glasses, you can use a glass cleaning spray or a regular hand soap.
Ray-Bans are Worth It!
Most importantly, Ray-Ban glasses will protect your eyes from the UV rays, reflected light, glare, and excessive eye strain. This brand has a history of being famous for its high-quality products. Plus, they are customizable and offer prescription lenses. Now, it’s time to put on those stylish Ray-Ban sunglasses and make heads turn.