Best Foundation for Large Facial Pores
Skin pores are very important for our body to function, but it can become a big issue when large pores interfere with your beauty especially when you have oily skin. This is when you should consider using some of the best foundation for large pores and oily skin as part of your makeup routine to enhance your facial beauty.
See some of the best foundation for large skin pores below.
Semi Matte with Sunscreen
Contains sunscreen with Vitamin B3
Light to medium coverage, oil free formula
Matte finish with sunscreen and lasts all day
100% natural, non-comedogenic and good for dark skin tones
Natural non-greasy foundation, perfect for sensitive skin
Talc free, non-comedogenic, contains antioxidants
Contains organic ingredients that do not clog pores
Minimizes pores with matte finish and contains sunscreen
Rich creamy texture, creates a dewy canvas
Illuminare Concealing Mineral Foundation
Illuminare concealing mineral foundation is oil-free and mineral-based and suitable for sensitive skin care. It contains mineral ingredients that make the skin healthy while providing a good-looking glow. You can mix it with BB cream and apply together or combine it with other foundations. A small amount of it should be enough for the entire day.
PUR 4 in 1 Mineral Foundation
The 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is a mineral-based and time-saving product, serving as a foundation, concealer, finishing powder and SPF 15 sunscreen all in one formula. It is very light and completely oil-free but you may need some extra concealing if you have any significant skin blemish. However, it does not turn heavy nor cakey. It will provide enough coverage without getting orange and it is easy to apply. It also easily blends in with other foundations.
Borghese Hydro-Minerali Creme Finish Makeup
The Borghese Hydro-Minerali Creme is a liquid foundation that is recommended for dry skin. It works very well with a moisturizer to provide a good and smooth consistency. Just one layer should be enough to even up the different skin tones which are common with dry skin. It is packaged in a very nice and easy to use container which makes it easier to apply the right amount.
Illuminaire Mattifying Mineral Foundation
This mineral-based mattifying foundation by Illuminare is not only formulated to make your face beautiful, but it is also designed to protect it from sunlight damage with SPF 20 sunscreen. It mattifies the oily skin and also serves as a concealer. It is oil free, light weight and does not slide off. It may be better to mix it with a BB cream to get the perfect combination if your skin is not very oily.
Burt Bee Natural Mattifying Powder Foundation
Burt's Bees mattifying powder foundation is designed for tan to dark skin tones, with many color tones to choose from. It is made from 100% natural ingredients, it's cruelty free and does not contain parabens, talc and other irritants. It does not cause breakouts and it is a good option for sensitive skin. It works both as a mattifying foundation and a powder to give a natural beautiful look. It is easy to apply and it can be used with a BB cream.
EcoBella Natural Liquid Foundation
EcoBella Natural Liquid Foundation is an eco-friendly product containing organic oils and flower wax and no chemicals, which makes it a perfect choice for sensitive skin. It provides light coverage and also feels very light on the face. It is very moisturizing as well, which makes it a very good match for dry skin, especially during cold days. It may be a little bit thicker than expected due to its natural ingredients.
Glo Beauty Pressed Mineral Foundation
This Mineral Makeup Pressed Powder Foundation is a talc-free and nourishing powder foundation by Glo Skin. It contains useful minerals, vitamins and green tea extract that the skin needs. It does not cause breakouts because of its natural ingredients and powder form. This makes it suitable for sensitive skin. However, you may need some extra concealing in case of any major blemishes.
Evxo Natural Mineral Liquid Foundation
Evxo Natural Mineral Foundation is very good for buildable makeup. It contains chamomile, thyme and vitamin E. It provides a natural and healthy look and does not cause breakouts or skin irritation. It's especially recommended for oily, acne-prone skin or skin with rosacea problems. It's push button dropper helps you to apply the exact amount you need, without wasting a drop.
BareMinerals Natural Mineral Foundation Matte
This mineral foundation by Bare Escentuals is designed to improve the skin texture, protect it from damage and minimize pores. It contains SPF 15 that protects from sun damage and lasts for a long time. It provides a buildable coverage so you can use it with a primer or a different make-up base. It gives a very sheer, light and elegant coverage, especially when used with a moisturizer. It can either be used with different products or used alone.
Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation
The Panstick Foundation by Max Factor is a well-known product which provides essential coverage and great foundation look. It is easy to apply and has a very creamy texture, which makes it a perfect concealer of blemishes and ageing effects. It is a good choice for time-saving makeup and an excellent option for people with damaged skin who search for a effective concealer that provides a natural, healthy look.
Au Naturale Zero Gravity C2P Vegan Cream Foundation
Au Naturale Zero Gravity Foundation is an organic foundation cream stick that provides 15 color choices and it is easy to apply because of its stick form. It contains natural ingredients such as jojoba seed oil, mineral pigments and candellia wax. It provides very good coverage and moisturizes the skin. It is a creme foundation so it may be good to use it with a primer.
Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation
The Everything Cream Foundation by Honest Beauty provides a natural buildable covering with a beautiful semi-matte finish effect. It is a natural product that contains jojoba oil and it does not cause irritation. It is a suitable product for people with sensitive skin. It is unlikely to become cakey when used and a little amount can last for a long time. It is also easy to apply.
L'Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Liquid Longwear Foundation
The longwear liquid foundation by L'Oreal Paris is an innovative product available in 30 colours and designed as a lightweight base with hydrating effect, supported by breathable-skin technology. Due to its original qualities, it provides great concealing effect without tiring or irritation of the skin. It covers blemishes without the need for additional concealers and provides a delicate finish.
Aloe Beautiful Almond Organic Liquid Foundation
The Organic Liquid Foundation by Bubble and Beau is a natural and silicone-free organic product. It provides smooth and full coverage that is available in up to 12 colors. The formula also provides anti-aging effect based on aloe, shea butter and vitamin E contained in the foundation. It is a perfect choice for people with both oily and sensitive skin, as it does not cause irritation.
Palladio Dual Wet and Dry Foundation
The Dual Wet and Dry Foundation by Palladio is a unique product that can be used both as foundation and powder, and this makes it a perfect choice for any occasion. It contains rice powder, it's a very good match for oily skin: it absorbs the oil, giving a smooth look without the cakey effect. It is a ''multitasking'' product which can be applied both alone or mixed with other creams, concealers or foundations. A sponge and mirror is included in the packaging container.
What Causes Large Pores and Wrinkles
Large pores are caused by a variety of factors and understanding these causes will help you minimize the chances of having it or at least control it when it occurs.
One of the major causes of large skin is oily skin. High amounts of oil produced by the sebaceous glands beneath your skin can clog the skin pores causing them to become enlarged.
Aging also causes your skin to lose its elasticity because of decrease in the amounts of collagen in your skin tissues. This could cause skin pores to become bigger in size.
Another factor is gender where females are usually affected more than males because of female hormonal changes especially during pregnancy, menstruation etc.
Other factors like sun damage and genetics also contribute significantly to enlarge skin pores.
How to Apply the Best Foundation for Large Pores
There is a right way of applying foundation to minimize the appearance of large pores on your face after using your makeup. It is important to get the best results from your foundation by applying it correctly. This will boost your self confidence especially if you are also wearing a great outfit that compliments your makeup. You can follow this short step by step process below to ensure that you get the best results or watch the video below-:
- 1Cleanse your face with a facial cleanser -: The first step will be to ensure that your face is oil free and without any dead skin cells. Pores tend to get enlarged when clogged and this can be reduced by preventing dirt and dead skin cells from clogging the pores on your face can reduce. You can use an oil free cleanser to cleanse your face and wash it with cool or cold water. This will remove any oily secretions and dirt from your face. After washing your face with cool or cold water, apply a facial scrub to exfoliate your skin and make it ready for the foundation.
- 2Remove dead skin cells -: The next step will be to apply a serum or moisturizer with salicylic acid to remove any dead cells inside the pores and moisturize your skin at the same time.
- 3Apply foundation primer -: Before applying the foundation, you should apply a foundation primer for best results. Even when you are using the best foundation for large pores, you may still have to use a primer to get great results. Silicone based foundation primers are most recommended for this step because they fill the pores making them less obvious and provide a smooth canvas for your foundation. Ensure to use oil-free matte primer that is designed to minimize pores.
- 4Apply foundation -: After applying primer, you can then apply your foundation. Ensure that you use oil-free non-comedogenic foundation that will not clog the pores on your face as much as possible. Also, a matte foundation is more likely to produce the best results because it does not make the skin pores noticeable. You can then use your makeup brushes and egg-shaped sponge (Beauty Blender) to apply your foundation.
- 5Apply setting powder -: You can then apply setting powder and setting spray to keep your foundation intact for a long period of time.
Video - How to Hide Large Pores with Foundation
Skincare Tips for Minimizing Large Pores
Many people are often concerned about the large pores on their face or nose and are always looking for the best solution. You cannot eliminate these large pores but there are several things that you can do to minimize the size of pores on your face. These include -:
- 1Using an exfoliating facial cleanser -: Use a facial cleanser often regularly to remove any excess oily secretions and dirt that may have accumulated on your face without over drying it. Regular use will cause your skin to get cleaner which will lead to smaller pores over time because less accumulations in the pores.
- 2Use a facial moisturizer with hyaluronic acid -: A moisturizer will refresh the skin keeping it hydrated all the time. Facial moisturizers that contain hyaluronic acid will also help the skin to maintain its tightness which will cause the skin pores to get smaller over time
- 3Use a face mask -: Most facial masks are formulated to remove the dirt and accumulations of dead skin cells and oil from the pores. It unclogs the pores and refreshes the skin making the pores to become tighter and less visible.
- 4Wear Sunscreen: Harsh heat from sunlight destroys the collagen fibers in your skin making it drier and lose. This makes your skin pores to become bigger because the skin is less tight.
- 5Never Sleep with Makeup -: Sleeping with makeup overnight will clog your pores causing them to become enlarged. Always wash off your makeup before going to bed.
How to Prevent Foundation from Settling in Pores
Its so annoying to spend all the time applying makeup just to see that settled in pores and wrinkles creating awful spots and patches on your face that you don’t like. There are a few things you can do to reduce this or prevent foundation from settling in pores and wrinkles on your face. These include -:
- 1Use small amounts of foundation -: Its always better to use the amount of foundation that is just enough on your face and avoid applying it in areas where its not needed. This will prevent having too much foundation on your face which can settle into pores and become difficult to remove.
- 2Use a Primer -: Applying a good primer before foundation helps in covering the pores and wrinkles to create a good surface for the foundation. This will prevent or reduce the amount of foundation that gets clogged up in pores and around wrinkles.
- 3Try Liquid Foundation -: Liquid foundation can dry up after it is applied and rarely breaks or dissolves into the pores on your face.
- 4Proper Skin Preparation -: The best way of ensuring that you prevent foundation from clogging your skin pores is to prepare your skin the right way before applying foundation.You can do this by cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and priming the skin before applying foundation on your face.
Large skin pores can be a real challenge in maintaining a beautiful smooth face. Hopefully, these suggested products that are some of the best foundation for large pores available can be helpful in giving you the results that you want.
Leave a comment below if you have any questions or feedback for us.