Best Foundation for Large Facial Pores
Skin pores are very important for our body to function, but it can become a big issue when large pores interfere with your beauty especially when you have oily skin. This is when you should consider using some of the best foundation for large pores and oily skin as part of your makeup routine to enhance your facial beauty.
See some of the best foundation for large skin pores below.
Semi Matte with Sunscreen
Contains sunscreen with Vitamin B3
Light to medium coverage, oil free formula
Matte finish with sunscreen and lasts all day
100% natural, non-comedogenic and good for dark skin tones
Natural non-greasy foundation, perfect for sensitive skin
Talc free, non-comedogenic, contains antioxidants
Contains organic ingredients that do not clog pores
Minimizes pores with matte finish and contains sunscreen
Rich creamy texture, creates a dewy canvas
What Causes Large Pores and Wrinkles
Large pores are caused by a variety of factors and understanding these causes will help you minimize the chances of having it or at least control it when it occurs.
One of the major causes of large skin is oily skin. High amounts of oil produced by the sebaceous glands beneath your skin can clog the skin pores causing them to become enlarged.
Aging also causes your skin to lose its elasticity because of decrease in the amounts of collagen in your skin tissues. This could cause skin pores to become bigger in size.
Another factor is gender where females are usually affected more than males because of female hormonal changes especially during pregnancy, menstruation etc.
Other factors like sun damage and genetics also contribute significantly to enlarge skin pores.
How to Apply the Best Foundation for Large Pores
There is a right way of applying foundation to minimize the appearance of large pores on your face after using your makeup. You can follow this short step by step process below to ensure that you get the best results or watch the video below-:
- 1Cleanse your face with a facial cleanser -: The first step will be to ensure that your face is oil free and without any dead skin cells. Pores tend to get enlarged when clogged and this can be reduced by preventing dirt and dead skin cells from clogging the pores on your face can reduce. You can use an oil free cleanser to cleanse your face and wash it with cool or cold water. This will remove any oily secretions and dirt from your face. After washing your face with cool or cold water, apply a facial scrub to exfoliate your skin and make it ready for the foundation.
- 2Remove dead skin cells -: The next step will be to apply a serum or moisturizer with salicylic acid to remove any dead cells inside the pores and moisturize your skin at the same time.
- 3Apply foundation primer -: Before applying the foundation, you should apply a foundation primer for best results. Even when you are using the best foundation for large pores, you may still have to use a primer to get great results. Silicone based foundation primers are most recommended for this step because they fill the pores making them less obvious and provide a smooth canvas for your foundation. Ensure to use oil-free matte primer that is designed to minimize pores.
- 4Apply foundation -: After applying primer, you can then apply your foundation. Ensure that you use oil-free non-comedogenic foundation that will not clog the pores on your face as much as possible. Also, a matte foundation is more likely to produce the best results because it does not make the skin pores noticeable. You can then use your makeup brushes and egg-shaped sponge (Beauty Blender) to apply your foundation.
- 5Apply setting powder -: You can then apply setting powder and setting spray to keep your foundation intact for a long period of time.
Video - How to Hide Large Pores with Foundation
Skincare Tips for Minimizing Large Pores
Many people are often concerned about the large pores on their face or nose and are always looking for the best solution. You cannot eliminate these large pores but there are several things that you can do to minimize the size of pores on your face. These include -:
- 1Using an exfoliating facial cleanser -: Use a facial cleanser often regularly to remove any excess oily secretions and dirt that may have accumulated on your face without over drying it. Regular use will cause your skin to get cleaner which will lead to smaller pores over time because less accumulations in the pores.
- 2Use a facial moisturizer with hyaluronic acid -: A moisturizer will refresh the skin keeping it hydrated all the time. Facial moisturizers that contain hyaluronic acid will also help the skin to maintain its tightness which will cause the skin pores to get smaller over time
- 3Use a face mask -: Most facial masks are formulated to remove the dirt and accumulations of dead skin cells and oil from the pores. It unclogs the pores and refreshes the skin making the pores to become tighter and less visible.
- 4Wear Sunscreen: Harsh heat from sunlight destroys the collagen fibers in your skin making it drier and lose. This makes your skin pores to become bigger because the skin is less tight.
- 5Never Sleep with Makeup -: Sleeping with makeup overnight will clog your pores causing them to become enlarged. Always wash off your makeup before going to bed.
How to Prevent Foundation from Settling in Pores
Its so annoying to spend all the time applying makeup just to see that settled in pores and wrinkles creating awful spots and patches on your face that you don’t like. There are a few things you can do to reduce this or prevent foundation from settling in pores and wrinkles on your face. These include -:
- 1Use small amounts of foundation -: Its always better to use the amount of foundation that is just enough on your face and avoid applying it in areas where its not needed. This will prevent having too much foundation on your face which can settle into pores and become difficult to remove.
- 2Use a Primer -: Applying a good primer before foundation helps in covering the pores and wrinkles to create a good surface for the foundation. This will prevent or reduce the amount of foundation that gets clogged up in pores and around wrinkles.
- 3Try Liquid Foundation -: Liquid foundation can dry up after it is applied and rarely breaks or dissolves into the pores on your face.
- 4Proper Skin Preparation -: The best way of ensuring that you prevent foundation from clogging your skin pores is to prepare your skin the right way before applying foundation.You can do this by cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and priming the skin before applying foundation on your face.
Large skin pores can be a real challenge in maintaining a beautiful smooth face. Hopefully, these suggested products that are some of the best foundation for large pores available can be helpful in giving you the results that you want.
Leave a comment below if you have any questions or feedback for us.